Come and innovate for a medical technology company.
We believe in a future where healthcare is more accessible. That’s why we work with specialised, self-motivated minds to develop home testing systems that combine diagnostics technology with medical knowledge and data.
Accessible healthtech and better diagnostics have the power to shift the healthcare paradigm from reactive to proactive; that’s why we develop speedy and user-friendly diagnostics technology that can be used in the comfort of your home. Our integrated mobile app is intrinsic in delivering this value to our users. To drive the development of our app we are expanding our in-house software team.
A little about your future role…
We are looking for an exceptional Head of Software to join us in Vienna. We offer a permanent position, based in Vienna, where you can grow professionally in an innovative, open, and future-oriented startup environment. You will lead a team of developers and testers, plus manage the development of a fully compliant mobile application for our unique medical diagnostics platform. In more detail, you will:
- Lead our talented software teams for iOS, Android, our cloud solution and online interfaces
- Manage timelines, assign ownership and help us hire new talent
- Continue to build, create, review and release of our unique app
- Guide and provide input to all strategic as well as technical planning for entire software projects
- Ensure software validation and documentation is being done as required
- Lead and manage the Software Development and IT teams to deliver software, infrastructure and architecture that meets the needs of users
- Ensure delivery consistent with Quality and Regulatory processes
- Continue to grow the internal software development team
- Source, assess, and coordinate external contractors and agencies in order to deliver timely and high quality projects
- Be a reliable, technical authority for all live software projects
- Ensure the integrity of software projects by fostering understanding across internal and external teams
- Drive knowledge sharing and growth within the software development team and the company
- Investigate the latest trends, initiatives and opportunities in software to ensure we deliver maximum benefit to our users
- Mentor and coach Team Leads to implement best practices and to motivate their teams
- Collaborate with the appropriate functions and users to evaluate and identify technology platforms for delivering the company’s products and services
- Responsible for his/her own work planning against objectives set in agreement with the Chief Product Officer
A little about you…Must haves:
- University degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in software development for iOS/Android/web applications or similar
- 5+ years experience in leading and scaling up of cross disciplinary Software Teams
- Experience working across the full software delivery lifecycle
- Experience designing APIs, databases, networking and communication protocols
- Project management is your second nature, always aiming for efficient management and reaching of deadlines
- Coaching and mentoring mindset
- Well-organised with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to shift focus effortlessly between high-level strategic and low-level technical
- Have a positive and resilient attitude, even when encountering problems or when things go haywire
- Have a creative, inquisitive mindset. You love to learn and keep yourself informed of developments and enjoy encouraging people around you to think outside the box. You are comfortable challenging ideas and design approaches
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced and flexible startup environment
- Fluent in English at a professional level
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Clojure or functional programming paradigms an advantage
- Digital signal processing knowledge is a plus
- Experience with Software as a Medical Device and knowledge of implementing software under ISO 13485:2016, ISO 62304:2006 and FDA 21 CFR Part 820
- German and/or other languages are advantageous
A little about us…
Bloom is an international company, with home bases in Zurich and Vienna. We are closely affiliated with venture-capitalists in Europe and overseas. Our team has proven experience in the European health tech, home-testing and medical research sectors and a proven track record of resilience in the competitive startup scene.
We value self-motivation and self-awareness, entrepreneurship, long-term thinking and collaborative teamwork. We are in the healthcare space and this requires us to constantly reflect upon how we impact the lives of our users. After all, we care for their health.
What you can expect:
Working in a next-generation healthtech company, building and scaling a market from anew
- Flexible work hours and ability to organise home-office days
- Flat-hierarchy, with an open communication style and feedback
- Team activities
- Working with an internationally diverse, young and dynamic team where English is the company language
- Spacious office in 1st district Vienna (with awesome places to go for lunch and after work drinks), free coffee and tea and fruit
- Yearly Vienna transit card
- Opportunity to contribute to a future where healthcare will be more prevention-focused and patient-centered
For this full-time position, we offer as a minimum, a competitive starting annual gross salary of €80.000 which is negotiable depending on your level of experience and skills .
Like what you read?
To apply, send us an email at email@example.com! We are proud of our diverse and international team and are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring based on age, gender, race, or anything else. We look forward to receiving your cover letter and CV.