for a medical technology company.
We believe in a future where healthcare is more accessible. That’s why we work with specialised, self-motivated minds developing home testing systems that combine diagnostics technology with medical knowledge and data. Currently, we are developing new tests which will provide medical value to our users. That’s where you come in.
A little about your future role…
We offer a permanent, full-time position based in Vienna. You will:
- Help us conduct biotechnical research and bring success to development and validation projects
- Conduct research and technical evaluations in the prior agreed upon field
- Conduct of literature reviews for biotech evaluation and clinical evaluation of new products
- Collaborate with the medical team to ensure that the products are designed in a technically-valid and clinically-relevant manner
- Support of the Medical/Product Team in writing, editing and reviewing scientific content for consumer-facing products
- Participate in technical assessment, qualification and selection of external partners / vendors
- Manage collaborations with external partners for biotech assay development projects
- Stay up-to-date on the latest research and trends in the field
- Work in a collaborative agile environment
- Solve challenging problems
- Take ownership and have an impact on the product
- Develop and validate our consumer-focused medical products
A little about you…
- Advanced research, writing, reporting and analysis competencies
- University degree (ideally PhD) with a focus on biomedical research or biotechnology
- Project management experience, always aiming for efficient management and reaching of deadlines
- Well-organised with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Have a positive and resilient attitude, even when encountering problems or when things go haywire
- Comfortable working both independently and on a team, within a fast-paced and flexible startup environment
- Great communication skills internally and externally (Notified bodies and suppliers)
- Fluent in English at a professional level; German and/or other languages are advantageous
- Comfortable building your own structures and aligning them with company goals
- Great attention to detail and analytical skills, as well as ability to cross-relate information from different topics and areas (RA, biotech, medical, product development..)
- Good understanding of immunology, cell-free immunoassays and protein biology
- Very high ethical standards
- Ability to adapt, as well as to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Clinical lab experience or experience with handling of human specimens
- Experience with ISO standards and compliance, including documentation
- Experience with regulatory affairs and method validation. Experience with IVDD, EN 13612 and EN 13532 is a plus
- Experience with IVD and Lateral Flow Assays is a plus
- Good understanding of statistics is a plus
For this full-time position, we offer a competitive, annual gross salary starting at € 42.000, negotiable and is the very least we would pay, depending on your skills and experience.
A little about us…
Bloom is an international company, with home bases in Zurich and Vienna. We are closely affiliated with venture-capitalists in Europe and overseas. Our team has proven experience in the European health tech, home-testing and medical research sectors and a proven track record of resilience in the competitive startup scene.
We value self-motivation and self-awareness, entrepreneurship, long-term thinking and collaborative teamwork. We are in the healthcare space and this requires us to constantly reflect upon how we impact the lives of our users. After all, we care for their health.
What you can expect:
Working in a next-generation healthtech company, building and scaling a market from anew
- Flexible work hours and ability to organise home-office days
- Flat-hierarchy, with an open communication style and feedback
- Team activities
- Working with an internationally diverse, young and dynamic team where English is the company language
- Spacious office in 1st district Vienna (with awesome places to go for lunch and after work drinks), free coffee and tea and fruit
- Opportunity to contribute to a future where healthcare will be more prevention-focused and patient-centered
- Yearly Vienna transit card
Like what you read?
To apply, send us an email at email@example.com! We are proud of our diverse and international team and are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring based on age, gender, race, or anything else. We look forward to receiving your cover letter and CV.
Please note: When you apply with us @bloom diagnostics we will process and store the personal information that you have provided us with for the purpose of handling your application. We will store your contact details only if you instruct us to do so, otherwise your application data is deleted after 12 months. If you have any further questions regarding how we handle our data, do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.