– for medical technology company with Class I and Class II diagnostic devices
Accessible healthtech and better diagnostics have the power to shift the healthcare paradigm from reactive to proactive; that’s why we develop speedy and user-friendly diagnostics technology that can be used in the comfort of your home. We are on the lookout for a Chief Medical Director / Medical Director who is dedicated to leveraging their top-notch expertise and network to help advance the diagnostics sector and bring meaningful health benefits to our users.
A little about your future role…
- Analyse, determine and prove medical and clinical feasibility and validation of our upcoming products
- Set bloom’s medical strategy in line with our business strategy
- Provide bloom with expertise on the advancement of medical best practices and technologies, leading and scaling our in-house research team
- Develop strong networks of external experts, advisors and opinion leaders and build intelligence and awareness of future trends that can deliver value to users
- Advocate for and develop the positioning of bloom within the scientific, medical and industry related communities
- Serve as a senior medical resource for clinical issues raised by internal and external collaborators, investigators, consultants and contract resources
- Adhere to and provide advice on regulatory guidelines
- Lead a team of medical researchers, regulatory experts and give medical guidance in all marketing and PR topics
- Executive Team Member
A little about you…
- M.D. PhD/ Dr. med. with high scientific qualifications
- Senior Management experience working within the pharma, diagnostics or medical device industry
- 3+ years in a medical director role or reporting directly to a medical director
- Scientific rigour and curiosity, with demonstrated ability to understand the detailed science and clinical relevance of diagnostics
- Excellent understanding of healthcare systems in Europe
- High level of collaboration and ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation
- Project management is your second nature, always aiming for effective management and reaching of deadlines, within a fast-paced and flexible startup environment
- You have a positive and resilient attitude, even when encountering problems or when things go haywire.
- A great communicator. You understand the importance of wording and how your skills can substantially impact the company and deliver value to both scientific and consumer audiences.
- Experience with ISO standards and compliance is a plus – we are big fans of ISO 9001 & 13485 and the upcoming IVDR.
- Fluent in English at a professional level; German and/or other languages are always a plus (we have an international team)
Don’t have experience with all the points above?
Don’t worry, we are big fans of learning, training and coaching on the job. Shoot us an email and explain how we can help each other grow.
A little about us…
Bloom is an international company, with home bases in Zurich and Vienna. We are closely affiliated with venture-capitalists in Europe and overseas. Our team has proven experience in the European health tech, home-testing and medical research sectors and a proven track record of resilience in the competitive startup scene.
We value self-motivation and self-awareness, entrepreneurship, long-term thinking and collaborative teamwork. We are in the healthcare space and this requires us to constantly reflect upon how we impact the lives of our users. After all, we care for their health.
What you can expect:
Working in a next-generation healthtech company, building and scaling a market from anew
- Flexible work hours and ability to organise home-office days
- Flat-hierarchy, with an open communication style and feedback
- Team activities
- Working with an internationally diverse, young and dynamic team where English is the company language
- Spacious office in 1st district Vienna (with awesome places to go for lunch and after work drinks), free coffee and tea and fruit
- Yearly Vienna transit card
- Opportunity to contribute to a future where healthcare will be more prevention-focused and patient-centered
For this full-time position, we offer as a minimum, a competitive starting annual gross salary of €100,000 which is negotiable depending on your level of experience and skills . We also want you to participate in our company’s success: this is why we also offer equity options to our Leadership team members.
Like what you read?
To apply, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! We are proud of our diverse and international team and are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring based on age, gender, race, or anything else. We look forward to receiving your cover letter and CV.